The Legacy Tour Videos
Starting July 8, 2019, the Northwest Cooperative Development Center will begin posting the video modules from the Legacy Project workshops with Linda Phillips and Jason Wiener. Sign up to the newsletter to receive notification when they actually post and join the conversation at Legacy@pnwcoops.groups.io to ask questions, discuss employee ownership, and build connections to support worker co-ops in the PNW.
Check out the Legacy channel here.
- July 8th Module 1 “Introduction and Benefits”
- July 15th Module 2 “Readiness, Planning, and Exploration”
- July 22nd Module 3 “Entity Choices”
- July 29th Module 4 “Tax Considerations”
- August 5th Module 5 “Financial Planning”
- August 12th Module 6 “Succession Case Studies”
- August 19th Module 7 “New Structure and Maintenance”
Development of the Project
In the first round of the Legacy Project, NWCDC focused on 19 communities in the Pacific Northwest. These communities were chosen due to a number of factors including being centrally located to their region, previous cooperative projects, and connection to a Small Business Development Center or other Economic Development network among other factors.