Early Bird Registration Discount Extended Until Friday, August 13th!
Building Blocks (formerly Session 1) provides a thorough but introductory overview into the field of cooperative development. This session lays out the basics of the cooperative model, including governance, feasibility, business basics, and memberships. We’ll cover topics ranging from cooperative history to building your cooperative ecosystem. Participants will learn from case studies that delve into particular topics in co-op development, such as investment cooperatives, conversions, and assisting groups in low-resource communities. Additionally, tours to local co-ops and ample networking opportunities this intensive, productive, and meaningful training. This offering of Building Blocks draws trainers, case studies, and co-op issues from the Northeastern US. States included in the Northeastern US are Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Scholarship Applications for the Northeastern Regional are due by August 9th, 2021!
¡Las solicitudes de becas 2021 para el Northeastern Regional deben presentarse antes del 9 de agosto de 2021!
With the pandemic still affecting our ability to travel and gather, as well as budget, CooperationWorks is transforming our four-day in-person training into a virtual training held on eight days over the course of a month. While this is the same cohesive and robust training we’ve offered in the past, this format allows participants to register for and participate in select days if they are unable to attend the entire training. Registration for will only be open for the entire training until Monday, August 16th. After that, participants may register for individual days.
- September 10, Friday – Building the Network: Overview, Intros, and Networking
- September 13th, Monday – Co-ops 101: The Basics Day!
- September 15th, Wednesday– It’s Business Time: The Business Day!
- September 17th, Friday– Cooperation Works?: The People Day!
- September 20th, Monday– Will It Work?: The Feasibility Day!
- September 22nd, Wednesday– All the Power to All the People: The Case Studies Day!
- September 24th, Friday & September 27th, Monday– Break It Down Now: The Co-op Sectors Days!
- September 29th, Wednesday– Build It to Last: The Ecosystem Day!