Early Bird Registration Discount Extended Until Friday, September 10th!
Building Blocks (formerly Session 1) provides a thorough but introductory overview into the field of cooperative development. This session lays out the basics of the cooperative model, including governance, feasibility, business basics, and memberships. We’ll cover topics ranging from cooperative history to building your cooperative ecosystem. Participants will learn from case studies that delve into particular topics in co-op development, such as investment cooperatives, conversions, and assisting groups in low-resource communities. Additionally, tours to local co-ops and ample networking opportunities this intensive, productive, and meaningful training. This offering of Building Blocks draws trainers, case studies, and co-op issues from the Midwestern US. States included in the Midwestern US are Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wiscosnin,.
With the pandemic still affecting our ability to travel and gather, as well as budget, CooperationWorks is transforming our four-day in-person training into a virtual training held on eight days over the course of a month. While this is the same cohesive and robust training we’ve offered in the past, this format allows participants to register for and participate in select days if they are unable to attend the entire training. Registration for will only be open for the entire training until Monday, September 12th. After that, participants may register for individual days.
- October 12th, Tuesday – Building the Network: Overview, Intros, and Networking
- October13th, Wednesday– Co-ops 101: The Basics Day!
- October 15th, Friday– It’s Business Time: The Business Day!
- October 18th, Monday– Cooperation Works?: The People Day!
- October 20th, Wednesday– Will It Work?: The Feasibility Day!
- October 22nd, Friday– All the Power to All the People: The Case Studies Day!
- October 25th, Monday & 27th, Wednesday– Break It Down Now: The Co-op Sectors Days!
- October 29th, Friday– Build It to Last: The Ecosystem Day!