Building Blocks (formerly Session 1) provides a thorough but introductory overview into the field of cooperative development. This session lays out the basics of the cooperative model, including governance, feasibility, business basics, and memberships. We’ll cover topics ranging from cooperative history to building your cooperative ecosystem. Participants will learn from case studies that delve into particular topics in co-op development, such as investment cooperatives, conversions, and assisting groups in low-resource communities. Additionally, tours to local co-ops and ample networking opportunities this intensive, productive, and meaningful training. This offering of Building Blocks draws trainers, case studies, and co-op issues from the Southern US. States included in the Southern US are Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Souther Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virgina,West Virginia.
Scholarship Applications for the Southern Regional are due by July 6th, 2021!
¡Las solicitudes de becas 2021 para el Southern Regional deben presentarse antes del 6 de julio de 2021!
With the pandemic still affecting our ability to travel and gather, as well as budget, CooperationWorks is transforming our four-day in-person training into a virtual training held on eight days over the course of a month. While this is the same cohesive and robust training we’ve offered in the past, this format allows participants to register for and participate in select days if they are unable to attend the entire training. Registration for will only be open for the entire training until Monday, July 14th. After that, participants may register for individual days.
- August 9th, Monday – Building the Network: Overview, Intros, and Networking
- August 10th, Tuesday – Co-ops 101: The Basics Day!
- August 12th, Thursday – It’s Business Time: The Business Day!
- August 17th, Tuesday– Cooperation Works?: The People Day!
- August 19th, Thursday– All the Power to All the People: The Case Studies Day!
- August 24th, Tuesday– Will It Work?: The Feasibility Day!
- August 26th, Thursday & August 31st, Tuesday– Break It Down Now: The Co-op Sectors Days!
- September 2nd, Thursday– Build It to Last: The Ecosystem Day!