The Rural Electric and Telecommunications Development Center adds new wealth to the economy by creating, retaining, and expanding rural cooperatives and other primary sector business enterprises in North Dakota. The Center provides consultation, technical assistance and financing programs.
The Rural Electric and Telecommunications Development Center has been providing federally-supported technical assistance to rural areas since 1994. Operating under the umbrella of the North Dakota Association of Rural Electric Cooperatives (NDAREC) and the North Dakota Association of Telecommunications Cooperatives (NDATC), the Center has come to be recognized as a major development player in North Dakota. We are networked with 16 electric cooperatives and 12 telecommunications co-ops in a statewide effort focusing on sustaining and growing rural areas. The local cooperatives assist the Center with rural development activities and community outreach. North Dakota’s rural electric and telecommunications cooperatives have been providing matching funds for the Center since 1994.
We promote and support development of cooperatives and economic development through consultation, technical assistance, financing programs and education.
- Provide organizational and business development guidance
- Business development analysis
- Cooperative development strategies
- Assist in obtaining start-up funds for research and development activities
- Provide start-up administrative services
- Provide professional referrals
- Sponsor conferences and seminars for business cooperative directors and managers
- Coordinate local and state rural development efforts