- This event has passed.
Toolkit Implementation: Practical Application of Tools and Skills for Cooperative Developers
October 29, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 1, 2018 @ 2:00 pm| $1400
In the second session of The Art and Science of Cooperative Development, participants will build upon and refine skills learned in Building Blocks while practicing application of the skills through interactive workshops, role plays, and case studies. In Toolkit Implementation, participants will go beyond the basics of cooperative development and delve into core of what makes the co-op development process tick. This intensive, outcome-based curriculum will help prepare participants to work with groups in establishing and growing their cooperative enterprise. Some of the topics covered include:
- Navigating power dynamics in groups and cultivating cultural competency
- Anticipating and addressing common issues upon business launch
- Forging a career as a cooperative developer
- Governance: Successfully guiding steering committees through the transition to becoming a board
- Funding Cooperative Development: An in-depth look at funding sources for co-ops and cooperative development
- Project Management and Strategic Planning
- Feasibility in action
- Exploring the Cooperative Landscape: How re-thinking cooperative sectors can better serve stakeholders and community
Additionally, case studies examined throughout the week and site visits in Madison will give participants even greater opportunity for hands-on exercises in learning the skills, finesse, and tools of cooperative developers.
Please note that registration covers tuition and food, but not transportation or lodging. CW has a room block for participants for discounted rooms that will be posted soon.
Tuition is payable via credit card upon registration or by check. If the registrant pays by check, it must be received within three weeks of their registration to maintain their spot in the program. While we are unable to offer refunds, any funds paid toward tuition can be carried forward for future trainings.