As we look toward 2021, the need for a just, equitable recovery has rarely been clearer. While the rollout of multiple effective vaccines signals hope across the globe, the coming year will be crucial in determining how communities recover and rebuild in the wake of a global pandemic that has shaken the core of our economic and social structures. We have the opportunity to save local businesses and expand worker ownership as we do it. We can build communities where residents have secure, affordable housing, especially through times of crisis. We can create an economy that works for people instead of the other way around. It’s time to #BuildCoops.
But we need our community to help.
CooperationWorks is the home for cooperative developers providing critical technical assistance, training, and education for cooperatives across the country. We provide the only cross-sector intensive training for cooperative developers in the country. We advoacte for cooperatives alongside local, regional, and national partners. We know that acheiving a recovery fueled by cooperative economies and values will take sustained effort, ample resources, lots of enthusiasm, and passionate people. Will you help us work toward an equitble recovery by becoming a monthly sustainer?
We’re launching #BuildCoops: A Smally Monthly Gift Campaign with the goal to build a base of 150 monthly supporters. Your monthly donation of $5, $10, $15, $20, or $30 will:
- Support scholarships for low-income folks interested in becoming cooperative developers attend our trainings
- Translate key co-ops development resources and the CW website into Spanish, making cooperative development in the US accessible to a wider array of people
- Help build a resource library of cooperative development resources
- Provide professional development opportunities to CW members and the greater co-op community
- Strangthen the national network of cooperative developers so we can better deploy and scale the cooperative model as a means of equitable recovery
#BuildCoops is about building capacity with CW and with all of our members. Sustainers can choose to have their monthly contribution split between CW and an organizational member, so you know your donation is directly helping build co-ops in your area or a specific sector.