Toolkit Implementation will return in a virtual format November 9-December 12th, 2023
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN. Early Bird discount available until Friday, October 13th.
Apply for a scholarship with this form. Scholarships are due by Monday, October 9th.
Toolkit Implementation (formerly Session 2) builds upon the concepts and skills developed in Building Blocks and prompts participants to use these in interactive, hands-on, case studies. This session will dive deeper into topics like feasibility, explore a wider array of business planning tools, include more information and resources for later stages of business development, and put more emphasis on the field of cooperative development and the participants’ role in it. Toolkit Implementation includes hands-on case studies, peer clinicals, and plenty of opportunities to practice your co-op development skills! Check out this draft Toolkit Implementation Online 2023 Agenda.
Toolkit Implementation will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from November 9th-December 12th, 2023. Sessions will be offered virtually through Zoom. Exact timing changes day-to-day, but the course will run from approximately 10am-3pm PT, as follows:
- Thursday, November 9th: Introductions and Networking, Business Planning
- Tuesday, November 14th: Governance, Anticipating Common Launch Issues
- Thursday, November 16th: Intro to Peer Clinicals, Group Dynamics
- Tuesday, November 28th: Feasibility, Peer Clinical
- Thursday, November 30th: Funding Cooperative Development, Rethinking Sectors
- Tuesday, December 5th: Bay Area Co-op Ecosystem Case Study, Mapping Latinx Co-ops
- Thursday, December 7th: Case Studies Revealed, Practical Application of Co-op Development
- Tuesday, December 12th: Co-op Careers and Wrap
Toolkit Implementation 2021 Trainers Included:
- Margaret Bau, Cooperative Development Specialist, US Department of Agriculture
- Courtney Berner, Executive Director, UW Center for Cooperatives
- Nat Marineau Begej, Cooperative Educator
- Alex Stone, Executive Director, CooperationWorks!
- Ricardo Nuñez, Director of Economic Democracy, Sustainable Economies Law Center
- Christina Jennings, Executive Director, Shared Capital Cooperative
- Esther West, Loan Officer, Shared Capital Cooperative
- Margaret Lund, Principal, Co-opera
- John McNamara, Co-Director, Northwest Cooperative Development Center
The cost for this training is $1200. Participants who register by Friday, October 13th can access an early bird discount of $100.