In 2021, Building Blocks Online will be offered fourt times as part of a program expansion aim at training up co-op developers to tackle the economic recovery in an equitable, sustainable way. We’re proud to offer Building Blocks for a Cooperative Economy starting in summer 2021 with support from the Cooperative Development Foundation and CHS Foundation.
Building Blocks (formerly Session 1) provides a thorough but introductory overview into the field of cooperative development. This session lays out the basics of the cooperative model, including governance, feasibility, business basics, and memberships. We’ll cover topics ranging from cooperative history to building your cooperative ecosystem. Participants will learn from case studies that delve into particular topics in co-op development, such as investment cooperatives, conversions, and assisting groups in low-resource communities. Additionally, tours to local co-ops and ample networking opportunities this intensive, productive, and meaningful training.
As COVID-19 has forced us all to change our plans, CooperationWorks is transforming our four-day in-person training into a virtual training held on eight days over the course of a month. While this is the same cohesive and robust training we’ve offered in the past, this format allows participants to register for and participate in select days if they are unable to attend the entire training. Registering for the complete course comes with a significant discount.
- June 30th, Tues.: Co-ops 101: The Basics Day!
- July 2nd, Thurs.: Cooperation Works?: The People Day!
- July 7th, Tues.: Business Time: The Business Day!
- July 9th, Thurs.: Feasibility: The “Will It Work?” Day!
- July 14th, Tues.: Co-op Sectors I: The General, Consumer, and Worker Day!
- Cooperative Sectors (1 hour)
- Worker Cooperatives (1 hour)
- Consumer Cooperatives (1 hour)
- July 16th, Thurs.: Co-op Sectors II: The Service, Housing, and Producer Day!
- July 21st, Tues.: All the Power to All the People: The Case Studies Day!
- July 23rd, Thurs.: Cooperative Ecosystems: The “Build-It-To-Last” Day!
Building Blocks for A cooperative Economy will be starting this summer. Join us as we offer this program four times to different regions across the US. All 2021 sessions will be held virtually. Stay tuned!
Trainers will be updated shortly!
Registration for the entire program (eight days): $1200
Scholarship Applications are being accepted until Friday, June 12th. Only participants registering for the entire session are eligible to receive a scholarship.
- June 30th: Co-ops 101: The Basics Day!: $FREE
- July 2nd: Cooperation Works?: The People Day! : $250
- July 7th: Business Time: The Business Day! $250
- July 9th: Feasibility: The “Will It Work?” Day!: $250
- July 14th and 16th: Co-op Sectors I & II: $350
- July 21st: All the Power to All the People: The Case Studies Day!: $250
- July 23rd: Cooperative Ecosystems: The “Build-It-To-Last” Day!: $250