Code of Ethics
CooperationWorks! cooperative development practitioners are dedicated to providing competent and ethical service to the communities they serve.
In striving to obtain the ideals of high professional ethical standards, members of CooperationWorks! obligate themselves to the following principles:
- Members subscribe to the highest level of ethics and shall declare any conflict of interest, real or perceived, so that they can be a credible source of objective feedback and an articulate advocate of the project as needed.
- Members will carry out all activities in a manner that will maintain the good reputation of CooperationWorks! (or cooperative development profession) and its ability to serve the public interest.
- Members will ensure that the level of professional services they provide is competent and in keeping with the high level of standards set out by CooperationWorks! by continuing study of the profession’s developments and innovations.
- Members will maintain the spirit of fairness and help eradicate all forms of deception that violate that spirit.
- Members have the duty to keep in confidence the affairs of any client, colleague or organization and shall not disclose confidential information obtained in the course of professional activities.
- Members shall not, in any way, exploit information obtained in the course of duties to their own advantage.
- Members shall conduct their activities on a high ethical plane and in the spirit of cooperation so that others may emulate by example and thus raise the standards of conduct in cooperative development.
- Members will endeavor to continuously raise the standards of the profession by conducting and sharing research developments and methodology.
- Members shall treat all other members with respect and consideration due between professional colleagues.
- Members agree to abide by the principles laid out in the “Code of Ethics” and the Madison Principles and will comply to the bylaws, regulations, resolutions and rules of professional conduct of CooperationWorks!