What We Do
CooperationWorks! — or CW for short — is the Center of Excellence for cooperative business development. We are a dynamic and innovative national cooperative created to grow the cooperative model across the United States.
CW members, a national network of Cooperative Development Centers, work together to revitalize communities through effective cooperative enterprise development. Members provide expertise across all aspects of cooperative development, including feasibility analysis, business plan development, training and education.
CW is accomplishing our work as a newly-formed nonprofit corporation, and has applied for 501c3 status to assist in our renewed focus on fundraising both for the organization and our members. We have just hired an executive director after years without one, again to re-energize our work to be the go-to organization in the country for cooperative development training and resources. Our board varies in size, currently having nine members representing cooperative development centers and our individual members.
Who We Are
CooperationWorks! is a national network made up of organizational and individual members working in cooperative development. Our members provide everything from board trainings to business planning for new and growing co-ops. You can use our search tool to find a developer near you who can provide technical assistance to your co-op.
If you’re interested in becoming a cooperative developer, we offer a plethora of continuing education opportunities ranging from webinars to formal, multi-session certified trainings.
Staff & Board of Directors
In addition to adhering to the Cooperative Principles and the Madison Principles, CW identifies its core values as outlined below:
- Cooperation: The power of people to improve their lives through shared action and teamwork.
- Integrity: Fairness; justice; honesty; reflection and honest self-assessment; accountability.
- Welcome diversity: Patient; inclusive; fair; loving; diversity of experience, ideas, cultures and projects.
- Excellence and quality: Commitment to the best rather than the good; leadership.
- Innovation: Creative; leading edge; intelligence; pragmatic.
- Service: Brave leadership; sustainability; service to individuals, the environment and our communities; accountable